Planning and GIS Technician
Reporting to the Manager of Operations and Development, the Planning and GIS Technician performs a variety of technical and administrative functions relating to the creation and maintenance of the Village’s GIS and planning systems. The Planning and GIS Technician works with municipal departments on major projects and supports both Staff and external stakeholders with mapping data requests.
- Certificate/Diploma in CAD/GIS Technology
- Minimum two years’ related experience, preferably in a Local Government setting
- Knowledge of municipal zoning and planning
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and AutoCAD
- Ability to work both independently and as a supportive member of the team
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering or Planning an asset
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
For a full job description, please click here.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by noon on Friday, November 16th, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.