- Mail ballot packages may be requested by contacting the Village office between 9am, Monday, September 19 and 4pm, Friday, October 14, 2022 (excluding weekends and statutory holidays) and on General Voting Day at the Pemberton and District Community Centre until 4pm.
You are responsible for ensuring that your completed ballot and documents are received by the Chief Election Officer before the close of voting at 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Voters may submit their mail ballot applications by hand, mail or other delivery service. Applications forms are available online and at the front desk of the Village of Pemberton office during business hours. Mail Ballot Application Form
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms gives Canadian citizens the right to vote. The Village of Pemberton uses voting day registration, which means eligible voters are simply required to prove who they are at the time of voting to participate.
You may register to vote as a resident elector or a non-resident property elector.
- a driver's licence
- an identification card such as a photo or non-photo BC Services card
- an owner's certificate of insurance and vehicle licence as issued by ICBC
- a Ministry of Social Development and Economic Security Request for Continued Assistance form (EA181)
- a social insurance number card
- a citizenship card
- a real property tax notice
- a credit card or debit card
- a utility bill
An election official may accept other documents that provide evidence satisfactory to the election official such as a valid, current passport.