HOUSEHOLD WASTE & RECYCLING STATION
The Pemberton Household Waste and Recycling Station is located at 1947 Carpenter Road in the Pemberton Industrial Park.
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays||12pm to 7pm|
|Saturdays & Sundays||10am to 5pm|
For tipping fees and materials accepted, please visit the SLRD website
RECYCLING - ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS
- Plastic Containers #1 to #7 - Plastic containers include plastic bottles, milk jugs, margarine and yogurt containers, salad dressing, shampoo and cleaning bottles. Remove lids and rinse before recycling.
- Plastic Film - Please bag your bags, and tie them off. Plastic Film includes grocery bags, laundry bags, and bubble wrap.
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Paper - Single-ply cardboard, magazines, newspaper, flyers, and office paper. Office paper includes computer, photocopy, note and letter paper, windowed envelopes, post-it notes, index paper and self carboning paper. Papers covered in foil, wax, or plastic film are not acceptable.
- Glass - Glass containers should be rinsed and have their lids removed.
- Tin/Aluminum - Please rinse the container. It is not necessary to remove the label from tin cans.
For further information, please contact the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District at 604.894.6371.
For information about the Pemberton Bottle Depot, please visit their website.
There is no municipal garbage collection in the Village of Pemberton.
Curbside garbage service can be arranged through GFL Environmental Inc. formally Carney’s Waste Systems. GFL provides a bi-weekly tote service for waste. Residents interested in a new recycling tote service, you can request to be put on a waiting list by emailing Nicole Angeloni at email@example.com. Once a minimum of 50 residents are on the list, we will introduce recycling service for your community.
To divert more waste from going in the landfill, only include these items in your garbage tote and all other items should be recycled at the Pemberton Transfer Station located at 1947 Carpenter Road. They can be reached at 604-894-6371.
Garbage tote: animal waste, cat litter & bedding, twine, dryer sheets, disposable furnace filters, broken holiday decorations, ribbons, bows, gift bags & foil wrapping, cigarettes, cigars & ashes, plant & flower markers/tags, garden hose, cotton balls, swabs & pads, personal hygiene products, padded envelopes & plastic lined paper, torn & ripped books, invasive species (bagged) diapers & sanitary products, home healthcare waste, plastic cutlery, plastic squeeze tubes & straws, construction sawdust & wood shavings, broken plastic toys, PVC & vinyl, broken ceramics, hangers (metal, wood & plastic) Vacuum bags & dust.
To arrange curbside service, report broken totes or request a septic tank pumping please contact GFL directly at 604.932.5038.