The Village of Pemberton is committed to building and maintaining a Village which preserves and enhances the natural environment, heritage and uniqueness of our comm unity and support healthy and active lifestyle opportunities.
- Provide open, fair and responsive government, recognizing the impact of decisions on the residents of the community.
- Provide opportunities for commerce and industry.
- Deliver municipal services in an effective manner at a cost acceptable to the taxpayers.
WHAT IS A MUNICIPALITY?
A municipality is a corporation of the residents of its area, governed by an elected council. Pemberton was incorporated as a Village Municipality on July 20, 1956, marking 2006 as our 50th anniversary. Under the BC Community Charter, the purposes of a municipality include:
- Providing good government of its community;
- Providing for services, laws and other matters for community benefit;
- Providing for stewardship of the public assets of its community; and
- Fostering the economic, social and environmental well-being of its community.
Various documents and services are available through the Village of Pemberton. These include affidavits/signature witness, tax information and requests, and copies of bylaws, council minutes, Village Financial Statements and Village publications and maps. Please refer to the Schedule of Fees for the costs associated with our various documents and services.