Hosting an Event in the Village of Pemberton

Many community organizations and individuals in Pemberton and the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Area C enrich the community by hosting events, fundraisers and festivals throughout the year.

Below you will find useful information you may need to know when organizing a community event:

1. Book the Roundabout Sign (see below for info)

2. Get a Park and Public Spaces Permit (Including Downtown Community Barn)

3. Get a Special Event Permit

4. Get a Liquor (Special Occasion) Licence 


One way of promoting community events is through posting a sign on the Roundabout Signboard, located at the roundabout by the Birch Street railway tracks. The Roundabout Signboard can accommodate up to two (2) signs. Signs are displayed for one (1) week from Monday to the following Monday.

To book a Roundabout Sign:

  1. Create a sign to advertise the event that is 122 cm x 244 cm (4 ft. x 8 ft.) printed on chloroplast or plywood. Content should be readable from at least 6 meters (20 ft.) away and Include "who" "what" "where" "when" and "why". Signs that do not meet these requirements may be removed in accordance with the policy.

  2. Submit an application by mail, in person, by fax or email, to the Village of Pemberton as early as possible (a minimum of two (2) weeks) prior to installation. 

  3. Submit payment of the refundable $20.00 deposit by cash or cheque. Applications will not be confirmed or processed until deposit has been received. 

  4. Drop off the sign for installation at the Village of Pemberton office by 3 pm on Friday prior to the date of installation.


A Park and Public Spaces Permit is a permit which grants, to a person(s), group or organization, permission to use a park or public space, including the Downtown Community Barn, which is on Village of Pemberton property.

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you will most likely require a Park and Public Spaces Use Permit:

  • Will you be closing off an area, holding an event or occupying an area which may affect other park and public space users?
  • Are additional services required i.e. public washrooms, event equipment (tables/chairs/AV etc), power, water, additional parking, emergency services?
  • Will you be operating a business or commercial operation from the Park or Public Space?
  • Is the intention of the event to make a profit?

To find out more about Park and Public Spaces Permits and to download an application form, visit the Licenses and Permits page.


A Special Event Permit is a permit which grants, to a person(s), group or organization, permission to host an event which is either on Village of Pemberton property, or is expected to incur extraordinary costs to the Village.

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you will most likely require a Special Events Permit:

  • Is the event likely to be attended by more than three hundred (300) individuals or more per day?
  • Is it likely that the Village will be required to provide additional policing, highway and traffic control, water and other services, or deal with potential adverse impacts such as nuisance?
  • Will a fee be charged for attendance or is the Special event being held for the purpose of commercial profit or gain?

To find out more about Special Event Permits and to download an application form, visit the Licenses and Permits page.


The Province is implementing a new online application process for the approval of liquor licences for small, low risk events. Offering online applications for Special Occasion Licences (SOLs) is expected to enhance public safety by providing officials with information in real-time about events happening in their communities. For more information, please visit: UBCM, New Process for Approving Special Occasion Licences

Visit our Licences and Permits Page for information on Special Events Permits and Park Use Permits.