Senior Accountant – Term Position
One year Term Position, Full-time – Reports to Manager of Finance
Monday – Friday – 8:30 – 4:30
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Senior Accountant provides support to the Manager of Finance and other Village Departments as assigned.
The Senior Accountant is also the Supervisor to the Reception/Administrative Assistant and the Accounts Receivable Clerk.
The Senior Accountant will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be capable of independent judgment and possess a strong sense of initiative.
Duties include the following:
- Oversees the operations of the front desk
- Organization of staff leaves/ vacation/ sick leave
- Assist Front Desk with Customer Service when required
- Supervise the preparation of daily bank deposits (to be made by Receptionist/Secretary and Accounting Assistant);
Based on Experience
- Assist with payroll administration, inputting hours worked and processing payroll cheques; ensuring that Employment Standards and Village policies are followed; processing payroll deduction remittances; reviewing payroll reports and ensuring all payroll information is accurate and reconciles to the General Ledger;
- Assist with administration of benefits;
- Assist with annual reports, T4's, etc., reconciled to the G/L;
- Processes and collects NSF and other returned cheques;
Utilities and Taxes:
- Prepares Property Tax Notices (primary and secondary notices – includes supplementaries); reconciling and remitting of Homeowner Grants;
- Maintains the Tax and Utility roll;
- Supervises administration of Utility Notices (Inside and Outside Boundaries and Squamish Lillooet Regional District);
- Prepares for the Tax Sale (correspondence, appropriate notices, etc.)
- Answers to telephone/counter questions regarding taxes and utilities;
Year-End & Budget
- Assists with preparation for audit, annual utilities and budget preparation, and tax collection;
- Assists with all other areas of the Finance Department and general administration as required;
- Provides vacation relief for the Manager of Finance;
- The above statement is a general description of the principal functions of the job identified; additional work requirements may be inherent in the job.
Training and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of minimum one year of post-secondary classes in accounting
- A minimum of one year related experience in computerized accounting in an office setting, preferably local government.
- Must be a team player, self-starter and provide exceptional customer service.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong A/P, A/R, Tax, Utility and local government experience.
- Experience using Vadim Accounting software and I/T administration an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by 12 noon, Tuesday, February 28, 2017 via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.