Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate & Legislative Services the Legislative Assistant (LA) is responsible for performing a wide range of professional administrative duties under tight deadlines and requiring a high level of accuracy, confidentiality and discretion.
These include, but are not limited, preparing agendas, recording and transcribing minutes; preparing and processing correspondence; maintaining Village records; supporting project administration; drafting bylaws and policies; handling Freedom of Information Management requests; and other work of complex and confidential nature.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed post-secondary studies, ideally with a Certificate of Local Government Administration.
- A minimum of three (3) years administrative assistant experience in a local government environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong research, writing and minute taking skills.
- Experience working with the LGMA records management system.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs.
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and members of the public.
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently at times.
- Availability to attend evening meetings and to work weekends for special events such as elections or community events hosted by the Village as required.
- Basic accounting knowledge, with project management/coordination being an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by 12:00 noon, Monday, July 17, 2017 via email to the attention of Wendy Olsson, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.