As of November 9, 2020, non-medical masks will be mandatory at all our indoor municipal facilities, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This means all staff and visitors to Municipal Hall, Pemberton & District Community Centre, the Fire Hall and Public Works buildings will be required to wear masks when inside those buildings. Disposable masks will be provided for those who arrive without one, however to protect the environment and avoid waste, we kindly ask that visitors bring their own.
There are several exemptions:
• Children under two years of age; or children under the age of five years either chronologically or developmentally who refuse to wear a mask or face covering and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver;
• Persons with medical conditions who cannot safely wear a mask or face covering due to breathing difficulties, cognitive difficulties, hearing or communication difficulties;
• Persons who cannot wear or remove a mask or face covering without assistance;
• Staff who are in a non-publicly accessible area where they can maintain 2 metres of physical distance, such as in a private office, or who are within or behind a physical barrier such as Plexiglass;
• Persons actively engaging in an athletic or fitness activity;
• Persons consuming food or drink or;
• For any emergency or medical purpose.
Thank you for your support in keeping our community safe! For more information on how to wear a mask properly, please visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/.../COVID19_SurgicalMaskPoster.pdf