EVACUATION ORDER ISSUED FOR AIRPORT ROAD January 30, 2024 12:00 p.m.
As per Section 107 (1) (c) of the Emergency and Disaster Management Act an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Village of Pemberton due to immediate danger to life safety caused by flooding in the Pemberton Valley for the following areas effective at: January 30, 2024 at 12:00
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following properties and the areas in the attached map (see link below):
- 1643 Airport Road
- 1674 Airport Road
- 1690 Airport Road
- 1710 Airport Road
- 1730 Airport Road
- 1850 Airport Road
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.
The RCMP or other authority having jurisdiction may control access to these areas. Limited access to the area will be granted to infrastructure agencies for the purposes of protection to infrastructure and damage assessment.
Evacuate using the following route: Toward Sea to Sky Highway 99
If you require Emergency Support Services, please contact the Red Cross at 1-888-800-6493. If you require transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice or call 604.894.6135
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ORDER IS IN EFFECT
- Shut of all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers. Close all windows and doors. Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available.
- Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
Further information will be posted in notices at pemberton.ca and through the PembertonAlert Messaging service. For general questions about the Order please contact the Village of Pemberton at 604.894.6135
Evacuation Order: https://www.pemberton.ca/public/download/files/240243