An Evacuation Alert is being issued for all low-lying properties adjacent to the Arn Canal, Vine Road, and Highway 99 Mobile Home Park.
A Flood Warning has been issued by the River Forecast Centre due to heavy precipitation and elevated river, creek and canal flows are being observed. On-going hazards for increased flows are expected as another atmospheric river brings continued rainfall and snowmelt.
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Village of Pemberton has issued an Evacuation Alert for all properties including:
View the full alert with details map here.
All affected residents are advised to prepare properties by sandbagging. For more information on sandbagging visit pemberton.ca
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advanced notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Additional evacuation route and emergency support details will be provided if an evacuation becomes necessary.
A more detailed outlook on this event will be posted on the Pemberton Valley Dyking District Facebook page. Further information will be issued as required and available at pemberton.ca and through PembertonAlert.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the Evacuation Order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a meeting location outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e., insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc.). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area, please call the Village of Pemberton at 604.894.6135
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Emergency Support Services will be available.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders.
For more information contact the Village of Pemberton at 604.894.6135