Permanent, Full-time Position*
The Building Official will be responsible for detailed building and property inspections including but not limited to technical inspection and regulatory work involving plan checking, the issuance of building and plumbing permits, field inspections, correspondence and report writing.
The Building Official will provide technical advice and information to the general public, contractors, owners, architects and engineers on matters related to the Building Department.
- Membership and minimum Level I certification with the Building Officials Association of BC
- In position to complete all other certifications required by the Building Act by 2021
- Grade 12 supplemented by a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Building Technology or related discipline and three to four years’ experience in building trade or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years related experience in a local government setting.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by 4:00 pm on Friday, January 10th, 2020 via email to email@example.com.
For a detailed job description, click here.
*Please note that though we are seeking a full-time, permanent employee, at this time we will also accept applications for qualified individuals available on a contract basis.