Situated in a lush valley surrounded by stunning mountain vistas, just 35 km from Whistler, Pemberton is one of the most desirable communities in BC. Enjoy mild winters and warm summers, and a young, vibrant community with a unique pioneer heritage. Opportunities abound to enjoy arts, culture, recreation, family amenities and comfortable lodging. The Village of Pemberton prides itself on its creative and collaborative approach with the business community, local volunteer groups, and neighbouring communities.
Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate & Legislative Services, the Bylaw Enforcement Officer is responsible for monitoring compliance to Village bylaws and regulations. This position involves regular patrolling of the Village and extensive contact with the community, with a focus on public education. Administrative duties, such as report and letter writing, and assistance with amendment and drafting of bylaws will also be required.
- Completion of JIBC Bylaw Enforcement Level I; Level II a strong asset
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Bylaw Enforcement Officer role
- Strong business writing ability including preparation of correspondence, reports and research
- Thorough knowledge of the Community Charter, Local Government Act, Municipal Ticketing Information System, Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and courtroom procedures
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by 12 noon, Friday, June 24, 2016 via email to the attention of Wendy Olsson, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a detailed job description and more information on the Village of Pemberton visit www.pemberton.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.