The Public Art Competition closed on 5pm, Sunday, July 31, 2022. Thank you to everyone who submitted entries.
Six successful artists have now been chosen! View the winning entries.
The Village of Pemberton is pleased to announce a public art competition to beautify our BC Hydro boxes!
Visual artists, photographers and graphic designers are invited to submit artwork for a chance to have it permanently displayed within the Village of Pemberton and WIN a $100 gift voucher to a Pemberton business of your choice.
Selected artwork will be displayed on BC Hydro boxes throughout the Village of Pemberton. The BC Hydro boxes are located on Aspen Blvd, Arbutus Street, Poplar Street, Laurel Street, Dogwood Street and Oak Street. Artists may submit new designs or previous works provided they fit the design guidelines.
Artwork should be influenced by the uniqueness of Pemberton and should address at least one of the following themes:
- history and culture
- adventure/outdoor recreation
- the natural environment
Artwork should be:
- submitted as a pdf, .jpeg, .png or .tiff file
- sent via email as an attachment, Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive link
- have dimensions of 60”w x 54”h (or proportionally to 180”w x 162”h) with a minimum image resolution of 150dpi.
The successful artists will have the opportunity to work with the printers to implement their artwork allowing for quality control on all parts of the reproduction and printing process.
Submissions will be reviewed and adjudicated by representatives from the Village of Pemberton and Pemberton Arts Council. Six artworks will be selected and winners will be awarded a $100 gift voucher to a Pemberton business of their choice (in addition to an honorarium of $50 per selected artwork).
The successful artwork will:
- reflect one or more of the themes as identified in the Design Guidelines
- reflect the community values and aesthetic of the Village of Pemberton
- demonstrate originality and artistic merit
- be of a high calibre, aesthetically pleasing and enhance the surrounding environment.
The selected artwork will be displayed on the BC Hydro boxes permanently (for a minimum of one year) and published on the Village of Pemberton website and social media channels to promote the project.
Need some inspiration?
Check out the four boxes on Pemberton Portage Road featuring the work of Lil'wat Nation Artist Levi Nelson!
*Village of Pemberton employees and direct family members are not eligible to enter.