This EVACUATION ALERT is a notification of the POTENTIAL danger which might arise due to a potential flood in your area. The reason evacuation alerts are issued is to notify residents of the potential for loss of life from unstable flooding conditions. It would be prudent for residents to prepare to leave this area with very short notice.
The alert may be followed by an immediate order to evacuate, with more updated information on the condition, and when an evacuation order is issued you must leave your home immediately.
Should this EVACUATION ALERT be followed by an EVACUATION ORDER, and you need transportation from the area, please call 604.894.6135.
Please note, Airport Road has been closed due to flooding and related dangers. Please DO NOT attempt to drive or access this by foot.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT:
• Locate all family members or co-workers and designate a family gathering point outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
• Gather essential items such as food, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance documents), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
• Prepare to move any disabled persons and/or children.
• Move pets and livestock to a safe area - if you need assistance please contact the Village of Pemberton at 604.894.6135.
• Arrange accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
• Monitor the Village of Pemberton website (www.pemberton.ca) and news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
Nikki Gilmore, Chief Administrative Officer
Village of Pemberton