Permanent, Full Time Position
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm, some evening work required.
Reporting to the Manager of Development Services, the Planner acts as an advisor on general planning policies, objectives and requirements as well as land use proposals. The Planner is responsible for research, report writing, review of technical information, review of land use submissions, and other general professional planning duties.
- University graduate in an appropriate discipline, preferably community and regional planning, and related professional planning experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five to seven years previous related experience in municipal or other government setting
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) and the Planning Institute of BC (PIBC) or equivalent membership or certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Adobe, GIS, and internet applications
- Creative problem-solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by noon on Friday, April 19th, 2019, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please visit www.pemberton.ca for a complete job description.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.