Term Position, February 2018 - March 2019
Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate & Legislative Services the Legislative Assistant (LA) is responsible for performing a wide range of professional administrative duties under tight deadlines and requiring a high level of accuracy, confidentiality and discretion. These include, but are not limited, preparing agendas, recording and transcribing minutes; preparing and processing correspondence; maintaining Village records; supporting project administration; drafting bylaws and policies; handling Freedom of Information requests; and other work of complex and confidential nature.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed post-secondary studies, ideally with a Certificate of Local Government Administration.
- A minimum of three (3) years administrative assistant experience in a local government environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong research, writing and minute taking skills.
- Experience working with the LGMA records management system.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs.
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and members of the public.
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently at times. • Availability to attend evening meetings and to work weekends for special events such as elections or community events hosted by the Village or in emergency situations as required.
Please visit www.pemberton.ca for a complete job description. Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by 12:00 noon, December 22, 2017 via email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.