Full-time Permanent Position: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Operations, the Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for tasks relating to water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems, road and drainage maintenance, snow clearing, parks maintenance and assistance with capital projects. Activities related to this position are often strenuous in nature and require an individual who is physically fit and safety conscious.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of team
- Minimum 3 years’experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator or related role
- Experience working for a municipality an asset
- Training and experience working in confined spaces and working at heights an asset
- Training and experience in Wastewater Treatment, Water Supply or Water Distribution an asset
- Physical requirements include: working outdoors, lifting up to 50 pounds, moving or carrying objects of various weight and dimension, climbing stairs, using a step ladder, standing for long periods, walking on uneven surfaces
- Strong knowledge of the Pemberton area preferred
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License with Air Endorsement and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
To view the full job description, please click here.