The Village of Pemberton is seeking applicants for the permanent, full-time (35 hours/week) position Emergency Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Fire Chief, the Emergency Management Coordinator will be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of the Emergency Management Program, coordination of activities related to the Pemberton Fire Department and 9-1-1 Service.
This position holds two equal areas of responsibility, with a focus on management of all aspects of the Emergency Management Program, public education, and administrative and project support to the operations of the Fire Department. Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills;
- Committed team member attitude; and • Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations and varying work hours.
- Post-secondary education in emergency management and/or fire services
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an emergency management role
- Experience providing public education
- Experience working in a Fire Department setting an asset; and
- Possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by 12:00 noon, Thursday, November 30, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please visit www.pemberton.ca for a complete job description We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.