The Village of Pemberton is seeking applicants for the permanent, part-time position of Emergency Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Fire Chief, the Emergency Program Coordinator (Part-time, 20 hours/week) will be responsible for administrative duties, as well as coordination of projects and activities related to the Pemberton Fire Rescue, Emergency Management and 9-1-1 Services. Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills;
- Committed team member attitude; and
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations and work varying hours.
- Post-secondary education in Emergency Management, Fire Services or Business Administration;
- 1-2 years experience working in an Emergency Management Role;
- Experience working in a Fire Department setting an asset; and
- Possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and three references by 12:00 noon, Friday August 18, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Download complete job description