What is an Official Community Plan (OCP)?
- A local bylaw, prepared and adopted within the statutory provisions of the Local Government Act;
- Statements of objectives and policies to guide; decisions on planning and land use management;
- The OCP must include statements and map designations related to anticipated housing needs, and the following land uses: commercial, industrial, institutional, agricultural, recreational, public utility, sand and gravel deposits, hazardous or environmentally sensitive lands, major road and servicing systems, and public facilities;
- The OCP must also include policies related to affordable housing, rental housing and special needs housing as well as include targets to greenhouse gas emissions for the area covered by the plan;
- It is intended to reflect a broad community consensus of opinion for the future development and growth of the community over a five to ten year period.