Pemberton Fire Rescue
Pemberton Fire Rescue provides fire protection to the Village of Pemberton and those parts of the surrounding rural areas between the Ryan River Bridge, Mount Currie, and Highway 99 South to Tisdale. Pemberton Fire Rescue covers an area of 500 kilometres and handles approximately 250 calls per year.
The Pemberton Fire Rescue Department would not be possible without the generous support of the communities, businesses and people we serve.
Fire Rescue Phone Numbers
|Fire Department Office||604.894.6111|
Fire Rescue Supervisory Personnel
|Fire Chief||Russell Mack
rmack @ pemberton.ca
|Deputy Fire Chief||Richard Doucet|
|Fire Prevention Officer||Ben Hansler
bylaw @ pemberton.ca
Emergency Program Coordinator
- Chief, part-time
- Officers, 5 volunteer
- Fire Prevention Officer, part-time
- Emergency Program Coordinator, part-time
- Firefighters, 24 volunteers
- 4 Pumper Trucks
- 1 Ladder Truck
- 1 Rescue Truck
- 1 Zodiac Rescue Boat
- The preservation of life and property within the Pemberton area.
- To promote fire safety and deliver educational programs.
- To cooperate with other organizations within the community in the event of an emergency.
The Pemberton Fire Department is actively recruiting new volunteer members. Interested applicants should be permanent residents of Pemberton should be able to commit to a minimum of three hours a week for training. Download a Member Application or a copy can be obtained at the Village of Pemberton Office, 7400 Prospect Street.
- May 21, 2010 - HP Expands Recall on Laptop Batteries Due to Fire Hazard
- May 13, 2010 - Children's Sweaters Recalled by Tommy Hilfiger
- May 12, 2010 - Remote Control Helicopters Recalled by Imagine Nation Books
- Apr 30, 2010 - Comarco Recalls Power Adapters
- Apr 22, 2010 - Coby Recalls Portable DVD/MP3/CD Players
- Oct 20, 2009 - Lamplight Farms Recalls Replacement Torch Fuel Containers Due to Fire Hazard
- Sep 1, 2009 - Recall Expansion of Durabrand DVD Players Due to Fire Hazard
- Aug 27, 2009 - Kenmore & Frigidaire Recall Smoothtop Ranges Due to Fire Hazard
- Aug 25, 2009 - Maytag & Crosley Recall Refridgerators
- Aug 18, 2009 - Black & Decker Coffee Makers Recalled by Applica Consumer Products
- Aug 18, 2009 - Remote Switches Recalled by Woodstock International
- Aug 13, 2009 - Homelight, Husky & Black Max Generators Recalled
- Aug 4, 2009 - Black & Decker Recall of Trimmers/Hedgers
- Aug 11, 2009 - Battery Recharge Station Recalled by Griffin Int'l
- Jul 30, 2009 - Washing Machine Consumer Alert
- Jul 21, 2009 - Fiesta Recalls to Repair Gas Grills
- Jul 9, 2009 - Kidde Recalls Dual Sensor Smoke Alarms
- Mar 12, 2009 - Kidde Recalls to Replace Fire Extinguishers
IN THE NEWS
- Nov 15, 2007 - Fire Service Agreement Update
- Nov 8, 2007 - Winter Fire Safety Reminders
- Aug 14, 2007 - Fire Service Re-instated to Outside Areas