Under the direction of the CAO and within the direction and policies set by Council, the Finance Team maintains responsibility for the statutory financial administration duties of the Village of Pemberton under the Community Charter/Local Government Act as well as for the overall operation of the Financial Services Department: tax and utility billing, accounts payable and receivable, tax certificates and budgeting.
Please visit the Reports & Publications Page for Financial Documents
Finance Department Staff
MANAGER OF FINANCE
Phone: extension 226
Email: ngilmore @ pemberton.ca
The Treasurer/Tax Collector reports to the Administrator and maintains responsibility for the statutory financial administration duties of the Village of Pemberton under the Community Charter/Local Government Act as well as for the overall operation of the Financial Services Department. Main duties of the Treasurer/Tax Collector include:
- Preparation of financial and statistical reports, statements and returns and year-end audit working papers;
- Development of the department's long term financial plans, policies, goals and objectives;
- Preparation of the various returns and reports required by other levels of governments and liaising with the external auditors in the conduct of the audit;
- Preparation of the Five Year Financial Plan. Providing assistance to other departments in the preparation of their budgets; reviewing specific budget submissions and coordinating data and providing advice and assistance on the monitoring of budgets to the Administrator
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, Municipal Finance Authority accounts, utilities and special services.
SENIOR ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
Phone: extension 222
Email: jeinarson @ pemberton.ca
The Senior Accounting Assistant assists the Treasurer/Tax Collector with the statuatory financial administration duties for the Village of Pemberton. The Senior Accounting Assistant is also responsible for the preparation of corporate payroll, administration of employee benefits and monthly annual payroll reports such as WCB and T4s.
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT- Accounts Payable/receivable
Phone: extension 227
Email: mandrew @ pemberton.ca
Reporting to and assisting the Treasurer/Tax Collector, the AP/AR Accounting Assistant is responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate records related to accounts receivable and accounts payable, and the preparation of cheques and tax certificates. The AP/AR Accounting Assistant also assist the Building Inspector with respect to invoicing and maintaining the files for Municipal Business Licences.
STRATEGIC COMMUNITY INVESTMENT FUNDS (scif)
The Strategic Community Investment Funds (SCIF), formerly known as the Small Community Grant, is an unconditional grant provided to local governments by the Union of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM) to assist in providing basic municipal services and thus minimizing the property tax burden. The creation of the new SCIF was as a result of current economic times and an attempt to provide certainly to local governments, to stimulate local economies, and encourage growth. The UBCM and the Village entered into a three (3) year agreement for funding until June 30, 2014.
The Grant funding provided is calculated based on a formula established combining a base amount, with population and assessment values specific to each local government. In 2012, the Village of Pemberton received $533,200 in Strategic Community Investment Funds which were utilized for municipal administrative services.